Being caught in the cold light of day wearing your UGG boots seems to be a fashion crime, but let’s face it, we all own a pair and they are the warmest shoes ever. But, what’s the acceptable alternative that we would be proud to flaunt? Well, January’s Unexpected Hero is the shearling boot, flat or with a heeled makeover. It’s the shoe you won’t want to take off.
- Wear with your skinny jeans or leather trousers to get a nice overall shape
- Always tuck your trousers in; the bootcut look is not a good one
- Choose a designer style; they will feel more precious
- Because of the extra padding you might need to get a size bigger so always try at home first
- Heeled or not, a shearling boot is a day shoe, so wear it casually with denims and separates